prabhakar_s April 26, 2020

How to add JIRA Project category value in Eazy-Bi Measures & Dimensions 

What we looking for is reports based on Project category 

1 answer

0 votes
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2020

Hi @prabhakar_s ,

Project Category is imported in the Project dimension. The Project dimension has two hierarchies.

The first one has the "Project" level at the top and the "Components" level beneath it.

The second is the one you are looking for - "Projects by category". The "Category" level is at the top, followed by "Project" and "Component" levels.

You can then select the "Category" level and select it in your report where necessary. Please see a picture of the Project dimension "Category" level in pages of a report for filtering purposes:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.06.30.png

Have a look at the eazyBI documentation page describing the dimensions imported from Jira by default - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import/jira-core-measures-and-dimensions#JiraCoremeasuresanddimensions-Dimensions.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

manoj reddy June 23, 2020

Hi Roberts,

Is there a way I can import Project Details which I have attached in the screenshot.

I want list what projects available under each Category & Count of Projects in EazyBI

Please assist!!

Thanks!

ManoDetails.GIF

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2020

Hi @manoj reddy ,

Project Category is imported by default. You can see one way of using it in my previous post. Also, the Key, Description and Project Lead information is available.

To display a Project key, you can either select this option for the Project dimension member with the "Display name => Show key" option or as a calculated measure with the formula below:

[Project].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key

For the Project description, a similar calculated measure is required:

[Project].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Project description')

See the pictures below:

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.00.53.png

To count the number of Projects under each Category, a slightly different approach is necessary. Select the "Category" hierarchy in the Project dimension and try creating a new calculated measure with the formula below:

NonZero(Count(
Filter(
Descendants([Project.Category].CurrentMember,[Project.Category].[Project]),
[Measures].[Issues created]>0
)
))

The report could look similar to the one below:

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.10.25.png 

Best,

Nicholas D'Angelo June 26, 2020

Hi Roberts,

Is there a way to pull it in for URL? I've tried the following and it didn't seem to work:

[Project].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('Project url')

[Project].CurrentHierarchyMember.get('URL')

[Project].CurrentHierarchyMember.URL

Best,

Nick

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2020

Hi @Nicholas D'Angelo ,

Unfortunately, eazyBI does not import the Jira Project URL. Also, at the moment, eazyBI does not provide clickable links in reports. But we do have an improvement that could address this on our roadmap for one of the following versions.

Best,

Pramodya Gamaethige May 27, 2021

Hi @Roberts Čāčus , 

Is there a way to display project categories in a separate column while all projects being in each row? 

Also, in each project I would like to drill down for epic and issue levels. When I add projects in to rows, I can not drill down to issue level. 

Appreciate your feedback.

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

Hi @Pramodya Gamaethige 

The Issue dimension next level under "All" is the "Project" level in both default and "Epic" hierarchies. I suggest using the Issue dimension.

To get the Project category from there, you can define a new calculated measure that will display it from the Project dimension "Category" hierarchy. See the formula below:

CASE WHEN [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name = 'Project'
THEN
[Project.Category].[Project].GetMemberByKey(
[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key
).Parent.Name
END

And a picture of the report:

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 13.37.52.png

Best,

Like Pramodya Gamaethige likes this
Pramodya Gamaethige June 1, 2021

Thanks @Roberts Čāčus . Appreciate your support.

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this

Suggest an answer