How to access the issue key from the page associated with the assets?

Bharath Kumar April 14, 2020

I have added assets to JIRA using the api, 

/rest/assetapi/asset

Now, I have created a custom field named as Assets, where you can search and Link an Asset. After linking the asset, a page will be viewed below the asset as it has been associated with the particular asset by adding an assetPanel in the Atlassian JSON file.

"assetPanels": [
{
"key": "key",
"url": "/showAssetDetails?appKey={asset.appKey}&originId={asset.originId}&issueKey={issue.key}",
"name": {
"value": "Asset panel"
}
}
],

Now, as I need the Issue ID for acquiring specific details about the asset which has already been stored with the issue properties.

But, I'm not able to get the ISSUE KEY from the URL, therefore I'm not able to get the issue key inside the page associated to the asset!

Is there a way to get the ISSUE KEY from the URL or from within the page associated with the asset that linked?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2020

Hey Bharath,

Thanks for your interest in developing with Jira Cloud! I see it's been a couple weeks since you asked this question and there have been no answers here on the main Community. We have a dedicated Developer Community that might be good to check out for plugin development related questions. Since the topics are more focused, it's easier for other developers to watch the questions coming in and provide guidance.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events