How to Check Test Coverage of EPICs

Deepak Sharma August 1, 2022

Hi All, I have a project on Jira and EPICs are created for a Release. The EPICs are tagged with a Fix Version to track the Release scope. There are few EPICs in the dashboard which are having status "UNCOVERED". I want an extract of such EPICs to get that updated with Scrum Teams. Is there a filter to see that.

1 answer

0 votes
Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Deepak Sharma ,

If you want to find Epics that are not assigned to a release, you can use a filter like this:

project = your-project AND type = Epic AND fixVersion is EMPTY 

Is that indeed what you are looking for?

Deepak Sharma August 1, 2022

Hi Rik,

I want to see the extract of EPICs which are not having any Test Coverage. So the Status shows "UNCOVERED" in Dashboard. They are still part of Release but the problem is Team has to update the test coverage with the stories under that epic. That is a clean up work and ensuring the EPIC is having test coverage via stories. 

Example when we see status of EPIC there are multiple which include below listed:-

OK

NOK

NOTRUN

UNCOVERED

I wanted a separate JQL for getting the list of Uncovered EPICS

Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Ah, it sounds like you're using XRay test management.

If so, you can use a filter such as

project = your-project AND type = Epic AND and "Requirement Status" = "v1.0 - UNCOVERED"

But you should read the app documentation on this to get it exactly right: 

https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Enhanced+querying+with+JQL

Like Deepak Sharma likes this
Deepak Sharma August 2, 2022

Thanks alot... worked for me...

Like Rik de Valk likes this

Suggest an answer