How do i bulk add multiple attachments to Jira issues

Santosh Kumar Devata June 30, 2020

How do i bulk add multiple attachments to Jira issues?

I have tens of log files for each bug to attach in Jira, Can I do any bulk upload or attach?
Do we have any other way where we can keep relevant log files in relevant folders and let Jira issue grab it via rest?

I need an automated or bulk solution as I have tens of logs for each bug to raise and also tens of bugs to raise which kills lot of time.

Please help.

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

Hi @Santosh Kumar Devata - You can use the Bob Swift Jira CLI addAttachments action to do this.

For example where the issue key is ABC-123 and the files to attach are in a folder named "ABC-123" you would use the following command:

acli --action addAttachments --issue ABC-123 --file "./ABC-123"

FYI - I'm the product manager for the Bob Swift CLI family of products. 

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

Can you store it externally like on a shared drive or dropbox and link to them in the issue?

Hi Randy, 

Yes, I proposed this solution, but our developers are not looking to accept it, they insist on having all the attachments tagged directly to the issue :( 

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2020

It's not fully automated but jira does allow drag and drop attachments.  Assuming you aren't already doing so, it may be less painful if you drag and drop multiple files at a time to each issue instead of doing them individually.

Yeah, but the log files are some thing which can't always be brought out individually and selective via drag and drop which is again difficult to point out, which one belongs to which bug. And making this drag and drop number of times is painful and very difficult to choose between.

So, looking for something which solves the use case similar to below question which is already posted in the community.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Questions/Jira-CLI-how-to-bulk-upload-attachments/qaq-p/224908

Suggest an answer