How do I save a JIRA report

Catrin_Warden September 4, 2019

I have configured a Singe Level Group report with a filter and a field to group on

When I select Next the report is shown

But there seems to be no way to save or publish the report so that others can run it

How to I do this

I think I have the correct security settings?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

Catrin,

Are you sure that none of these built-in gadgets can meet your requirements?

1. Issue Statistics Gadget: Displays the collection of issues returned from a filter, broken down by a field.
  2. Two Dimensional Filter Statistics Gadget: Displays tabular data based on a filter. (It does even more than what you need.)

If any of these meet your requirements, then you can use the Better PDF Exporter to export the dashboard using these gadgets and share the PDF file with your peers.

(Discl. I'm a developer working on this paid app, but it's pretty much the only way to export dashboards from Jira.)

Catrin_Warden September 19, 2019

Thank you Aron - I tried Two Dimensional Filter Statistics Gadget but was not aware of Issue Statistics Gadget  and it does the job.

Catrin

Like Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this
John Allison October 26, 2022

Ah, useful answer; that explains a lot. I'm using the Risk Management Plus Report, which nicely provides the initial and residual risk summaries. Since the Report also provides advice as to what should go in the version sections defined, I expected to be able to fill them in in the Report and save it for future updates. I now get from the above that this is not the case and, as I see it, the report is best exported to Word, and the relevant sections completed there (and copy over the updated risk summaries from the Report, as necessary).

This is fine when all risk activities are complete, but fiddly to have to keep updating when the risk activities are still ongoing. Given this, and the Gadget advice above, I then tried  to create a Dashboard to track ongoing risk progress and readily found 'severity' and 'probability' easy to track against the issue (Hazard), but the crucial parameter 'risk', which is readily available and displayed in the Report, does not appear to be available as a parameter in the Gadgets. Have I just missed it or is there a way to make this parameter visible in Gadgets?

Thank you

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hi Catrin,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Currently, it's not possible to save the reports after it's generated. You can only take a screenshot if you need to share it, but anyone that needs to see the report will have to generate a new one.
We had a feature request a while ago that was closed as "Won't do" since it had no votes from 2012 to 2015.

Regards,
Angélica

Catrin_Warden September 8, 2019

It is a shame it is not available as I can't find a dashboard widget that does grouping either, but the answer provided is correct and I will manage the report in Excel.  Thank you for answering so quickly.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2019

Hi @Catrin_Warden ,

If you plan to manage your report or create new ones in Excel, make sure you look into Better Excel Exporter, one of the Excel exporter apps for Jira, but the one that comes with powerful report building features.

It makes turning Jira data into Excel with correct data types and also allows you to automate and schedule reports.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and professionally supported app and I'm part of the Midori team behind it.)

Ron Uebel August 25, 2022

WTH? I can't imagine why this is not possible. 

Like KC Wong likes this
KC Wong September 29, 2022

@Ron Uebel Because paid apps for that exist. An inherent problem with Atlassian and marketplace partners: Can't step on people's toes. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events