How do I move my Backlog from one project to another?

Erin Dorgan August 6, 2019

We are retiring a project, but have a built out backlog that we want to migrate to a new, next-gen project. The bulk issue move requires search results, but isolating issues from the backlog isn't an option. Is it possible to isolate backlog tasks via the Advanced query?

Is there some other intuitive way to migrate the backlog from one project to another?

Thank you in advance for the help! 

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Luger February 3, 2022

One way to do this: move all backlog issues to a new sprint -> then go to search view, filter to see this new sprint only, then bulk move (top right "...")

0 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2019

@Erin Dorgan - you could do:

1. project in (YOUR PROEJCT) and status in (Backlog)
  2. Tools > Bulk Change > All issues 
  3. Select the checkbox on all issues > Next
  4. Move Issues > Next
  5. Select New Project > Next > Next
  6. Confirm

All issues within those projects are now transitioned from one project to another. You can do multiple projects in the project in (PROJECT1,PROJECT2).

Thanks

@Thomas B I don't see Backlog as a status option. It looks like all that's listed here are the statuses we created for our active board(s) and if I select "To Do," it would include the *many* "to do" tasks in the current sprint. What am I missing? 

Thanks for the help!

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2019

Can you go to the Board > Configure > Columns and see which statuses are available?

Not sure if this is relevant, but I have to go to settings to get to the columns: 

• To Do
  • In Progress
  • Testing
    • Reopened
    • Resolved
  • Done
    • In Review
  • Deployed

Thank you! 

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2019

Are you in cloud or server? 

Erin Dorgan August 7, 2019

Cloud

Sytze Visser April 24, 2020

Hi @Thomas B, I have the same issue... There isn't a resolution?

Andy Nisbet June 30, 2021

Bulk select items from your current Backlog

Right click and scroll down and select 'Other Actions > Bulk Change'

Go through the process to move to another project (assuming you have already set this up)

Like David Zamora Gutiérrez likes this
Alex Mukha September 26, 2021

@Andy Nisbet 
Can you share your screen?

Do you use the cloud version?

What type of tariff plan do you use?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events