Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I move board columns in a Business Project?

Edited

Hi, 

I'd like to move my board in the business project around I.e Return to sender after in progress. 
But every time I try to move them it tells me to check my internet connection. 

Is there any way to move these? 

jiraa.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Oct 08, 2021

Hi Jamie,

This looks to be something that is broken with the latest board release. I am checking on it as I get the same error. 

John Funk Community Leader Oct 13, 2021

Hi @Jamie Davies  - I got some feedback. If you go the workflow used by the board and do an Edit of the workflow and then Publish it, it should all be good again. I know you might not have a draft workflow already going, but this works. And, yes, I know you shouldn't have to do that, but until they get a fix, that's the necessary work around. 

Like Stooz The Stoozer likes this
John Funk Community Leader Oct 14, 2021

@Jamie Davies  - Did this work for you? 

@John Funk It did!! Just tired it thanks

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk Community Leader Oct 17, 2021

Great!

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Oct 06, 2021

You cannot do this on the default board. Your only option would be to create another board for your project and set the location to your profile and then add a shortcut to to board on the sidebar. 

When was this implemented @Jack Brickey?  I can remember a few months ago I was able to move columns in Business project boards.

Thank you. 

Jack Brickey Community Leader Oct 08, 2021

I cannot say for sure what you were seeing before vs. today. Default business boards have been in place for a couple of years now to the best of my recollection.

I wish they would just allow it to work again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

512 views 16 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you