How do I identify Jira API URL?

Kellee Drake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2022

I'm trying to integrate Jira with Github, but I'm unable to determine what the Jira API URL is.    We're running Jira Server v8.20.1.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2022

Hi @Kellee Drake

I am unsure about what the exact use case for the integration is, but have you considered an out-of-the-box solution for this integration? 

I am a pre-sales engineer @ Exalate and would like to introduce you to our tool which seamlessly integrates GitHub and Jira (among other ITSM systems) bi-directionally. This not only takes the pain out of the DIY approach of integration, it provides you access to a dedicated team which is working behind the scenes to ensure that any (and all) changes are quickly integrated into our product thereby minimizing the chances of your integration ever breaking. 

Please feel free to review Exalate to see if it fits your needs or simply book a demo with us to explore your use case further.

Thanks

Syed

1 vote
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2022

Hello, @Kellee Drake ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Jira API (as described in the API documentation) is 

http://host:port/context/rest/api-name/api-version/resource-name

api-name refers to auth for authentication calls, and api for everything else

api-version can use a number (usually 2) or the keyword latest

Here's a link to the documentation: https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/ 

Suggest an answer