How do I find the board customization in CLASSIC view?

Josh Stillerman March 19, 2020

Directions for customizing boards in a classic business project say:

Access board settings

1. Go to your board, then select more (•••) > Board settings.
  2. On the Board settings screen, select the desired tab (Columns, Swimlanes, etc).

However when I bring up the boards in my project I can not find this anywhere

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 8.44.48 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2020

Hi Josh - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Take a look at this and see if it helps you:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/work-with-boards-in-business-projects/

Thank you for this prompt answer.  It helps, but I was hoping to get to the board customization items described elsewhere in the docs.  Filters etc...

Maybe these are only for software projects ?  Or SCRUM or something ?

Like Takaaki Yokota likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2020

Yeah, I don't think you can do that with Business projects. I NEVER use those. You can change the workflow underneath, which should change the columns for you, but not even sure how you would get to a filter that lies underneath. 

I would just do a software project - it will accomplish whatever you need to change. Next-gen will give you the same kind of restrictions as Business, so you probably want Classic. 

Thank you for the clarification.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events