How do I create a query for time tracking?

bkaras November 7, 2019

I am new to Jira and am trying to figure out how my predecessor created this query report. He died in a car accident and no one can tell me in my dept Accounting how he created this report.  The columns are as follows:

1. Project

2. Description 

3. Assignee

4. Employee name

5. Resolved date

6. Log work (time)

I'm a novice at Jira and am not versed in writing queries.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2019

Hi @bkaras  - Were you able to create the report as needed? If so, can you click on the Accept answer button to close this one out? Thanks!

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2019

Hello @bkaras

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

First of all, sorry to hear your colleague has passed away in a car accident. I hope his family and friends are doing ok, as far as possible. :(

About the report you trying to achieve, I think I could better understand what exactly he has configured if you could provide us with a screenshot of the report. Can you please provide us the screenshot of the report but hiding your sensitive data?

Based on the fields you want, I believe you can use a JQL query to display it, or the filter result gadget. These would be the steps to configure it:

1 - Go to your issue navigator page > Create a filter returning all the issues you want to display in your report > Click to show it in List view and select all the columns you want it to display:

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 17.02.18.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-08 at 17.02.33.png

2 - Type GG > search for System dashboard and click to enter

3 - Click to create a new gadget > Select Filter Results gadget > Select the filter you created for the gadget, choosing the fields/columns you want it to display:

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 17.08.35.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Neelanjan Sinha January 16, 2023

@Petter Gonçalves I have a question on the same topic. In the list view I can see "Time Spent" column for each ticket. Is there a way I an search for Time spent by users?

e.g. When multiple users work on a single ticket, then how to get Time spent by users? (without adding any Jira extension as our organization might not have those added for us).

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events