How do I add my done issues in a Kanban project to a release?

Heinrich January 16, 2020

I have an issue in the Done column. Done is the last column in my chain and my Release button at the top is enabled, but when I try to add a new release I get the attached error.Capture.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Heinrich  - Check to see if you have Resolve Issues permission in the Permission Scheme for that project. 

Also, does the filter for the board include multiple projects or just one?

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for the response.

Yes to both of these...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Ah, it is probably that you are not a Project Administrator on one of the projects being included in the filter for the board. You must be a Project Admin on EVERY project that the board could have tickets for to be able to do a Release off of the board. 

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Heinrich 

I only know about Jira Software, but I'm assuming this functionality is the same. You need to create a "Release" and assign tickets to that Release (Jira seems to use the terms ReleaseVersion and fixVersion interchangeably for this).

In Jira Software, I go to the Backlog and click on VERSIONS

Screenshot_1.jpg

This then opens the Releases section and click on Create version, and fill in some details.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Alternatively, click on the Releases menu item which opens a different page but also has a Create version button.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Then the field fixVersions needs to show on the Edit screen so that you can add it.

Once you have some issues in the Done column that contain a Version, you will be able to successfully release.

Hi @Warren 

Thank you for the quick response.

I created the release right now, created a new ticket to add it in (by dragging) to the Version - but I am still not able to see it in the release on the left. Am I missing something?

Capture.JPG

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Heinrich 

That's strange, because I get the number increasing each time I drag a ticket onto the Release. Have you tried refreshing the page?

Yes tried refreshing the page and I noticed that the version number on the task also ran away - so I assume it was not really set (even though Jira gave me a pop-up saying it is set)

Suggest an answer