How do I add a confirmation pop up for each status change?

Chegg Coop March 16, 2018

Currently using Jira Core to track workflows and would like to add a confirmation pop up before changing each status since there is room for error given how the status buttons are configured. 

Example: team member approves the ticket -> clicks approve -> pop up asks "are you sure you want to approve this ticket?" -> clicks approve again.

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2018

Hi @Chegg Coop

This is easily achievable by adding a screen to your 'approve' transition. You can do this by following this KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mapping-a-screen-to-a-workflow-transition-720634253.html

Chegg Coop March 19, 2018

Thanks Daniel. Do you know if this configuration is available for JIRA Core like it is in JIRA software?

Chegg Coop March 19, 2018

Apologies! Found the screens configuration in the settings tool. Thanks!

Dave Kitabjian September 22, 2021

Thanks, but this is not correct. The link you provided shows how to add a screen to the transition, but does not provide information on how to make a "confirmation" window which, by definition, means you provide the choice of whether to proceed or cancel.

I'm not sure about the OP, but I need a true confirmation window which permits moving forward with the workflow or cancelling the proposed transition. And I still haven't found it yet...

Like Diego Moreno likes this
Mirek Hareza June 10, 2022

I'm reviving @Chegg Coop and @Dave Kitabjian questions. Is it possible for displaying the confirmation window when user clicks 'approve' button?

0 votes
Tim McMonigle April 22, 2019

@Chegg Coop Can you let me know where you found the Settings tool for adding a screen to 'approve' a transition?  We have a status called 'PO Accepted' that used to ask for confirmation when a story was moved to that status, with the ability to add a comment.  When I transitioned to a new board, that went away.

Tim

Suggest an answer