How can i find each team member's subtask by their original estimate in a gadget?

Rahaleh Rajabi June 7, 2021

I want to see each team members original estimated times totally in current sprint.

I use this query but I can't group it by "assignee" to reach the total original estimated time by each person. unfortunately, pie chart shows the result by count of issue type but I need by sum of original estimate.

project in (XXX) AND Sprint in openSprints() AND issuetype = Sub-task

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

You don't.  There's a couple of reasons -

First, sub-tasks do not have sprint estimates, because they're not sprint-items themselves, they are a part of their parent.

Second, sub-tasks do not have a sprint, because they are part of a story and hence "in a sprint" as part of the story.  There's a weakness in Jira in that it does not cascade that down, so "issue type in subtasktypes and sprint = X" is never going to find any sub-tasks, but even if it were to work, the sprint would still be set by the parent.  You'll need to infer the sub-task list from the list of stories in the sprint.

Rahaleh Rajabi June 12, 2021

Thanks for your response

Suggest an answer