How can I turn off the old Jira Issue view, for only for 3 of many projects?

Bill Pecor August 26, 2019

I want the New View and only the New View, on a few projects, its much cleaner. 

We have many projects and many teams. 

For the Teams I am on I would like to only have to explain/teach one UI and I would like to turn off the old view based on the projects I am working on.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Hello Bill,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Currently, the user can disable the new issue view on their own profiles, it's not possible to disable for all users at once or per project. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71938
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Bill Pecor August 27, 2019

This is going the wrong way. I want the New View and only the New View, its much cleaner. The old is brutal.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I read it wrong. 
I changed the title of the feature because it's almost the same. If they implement the option to disable it to all users, the same option will also enable it for everyone.

Bill Pecor August 29, 2019

I would add just a bit more and that is to be able to feature flag it by project.

- On/Off Classic View

- On/Off New View

with at least one option on, and if both are on we have what it is today.

The reason to have this at a project level is it can slowly be rolled out across many projects rather then an all or nothing which will then likely get stuck in change management issues with the laggard teams or special cases.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 2, 2019

Thank you for the details.
I created a new feature request suggesting the ability to disable the new issue view per project and linked to the other one I added on my previous comment.
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72882
I added your comment as an internal comment on the ticket for our dev team to check, but feel free to add any other information on the comments of the feature.

0 votes
Lucas Stannis March 12, 2020

I would also like to TURN OFF OLD JIRA VIEW since it still shows up every now and then, mainly when you open an issue on an external link. It's just terrible. Either should be only NEW or only OLD.

Sergei Minyukevich July 2, 2020

+1

possibility to switch between old and new view make team communication much complex. there should be an option to disable OLD VIEW globally

sometimes we get into situation when a team member set a field in old view and it is not visible in a new one and we cannot disable old view completely to avoid such issues

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events