How can I specify which issue fields are displayed on Jira board?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

How can I specify which issue fields are displayed on Jira board?  I've created a issue type with some custom fields that our users want displayed on the Jira board.  Specifically they would like to remove "Component" and add the custom field in its place.  Which screen is this that I need to edit?  Currently we see issue type, priority, story points and components.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Hi Pete,

Try going to Board Settings (or maybe it's Configure Board in Server version). 

Then choose Card Layout. There you can switch out the fields for the board.

The menu items may be a little different for Server, but you should be able to find them. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/customizing-cards-938845307.html

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Thanks @John Funk  perfect!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer