How can I show a specific custom field only when you select a line in another custom field?

Jira Atlassiansson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2020

I want to filter options based on user selection so that when an option is selected from a dropdown list another dropdown list appears with only the options related to the value selected from the first dropdown. Is that possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2020

Hi @Jira Atlassiansson  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can do that by creating a new custom field with the type of Select List (cascading). 

Then you can add values in the first field, and then values in the second field that only apply to the value in the first field. 

Jira Atlassiansson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2020

Hi @John Funk I had not realized that thank you very much for your help :) 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2020

You are welcome!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events