How can I see the linked issue in new view?

Eva Suárez February 21, 2022

Hello,

We work with both Jira Software and Jira Service Desk and we escalate tickets from SD to SW all the time. 

Everytime we need to check the status of a SW ticket from Service Desk (really often), we have to change to old view as it's not possible (or we don't know how) to find it in the new view.

Can the Issue Link be added to the information pannel? 

Is there some way to be able to see it directly in the new view?

(Following example of what we'd like to see in the new view that is visible in the old view:

220221_Issue link old view Jira.png)

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

I am unaware of a new issue view in Server so I first want to verify that you are indeed on server in the cloud. I'm not sure what you're referring to as the information panel. However linked issues will only show in the detailed issue view of a given issue. I assume that you are seeing the linked issue there?

Eva Suárez February 23, 2022

Hello Jack!!

Thank you so much for your reply! 

I'm attaching two screenshots from Jira NEW view where you cannot see the linked issue and the OLD view where is displayed on the main screen. I hope you can give us a hand on how to configure it so we can see the linked issues in the New View. Thanks again!!JIRA NEW VIEW_no issue link.jpgJIRA OLD VIEW with linked issue.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

Are these views of the very same issue? In your first image I see the link issue icon or button. Could you please click that button and link an issue and see if it then appears? Here is what I see below. Keep in mind Linked issues will not appear until there is a linked issue.

09615EF3-40FC-4CF8-9AE9-BF55CB07DE0E.jpeg

Eva Suárez February 24, 2022

Hello!

Thanks again for your prompt reply. 

Yes, it's exactly the same issue both in New and Old view .

When I click link issue, it gives me the possibility to link another issue, but I cannot see the issues already linked. These are all the possibilities displayed after clicking "link Issue" and surrounding fields: (I'm showing a ticked that already has a  linked issue but is not displayed unless I go to the old view)

1.png2.png3.png

(Just by clicking Link Issue nothing happens, we only get an info message, arrow shows link Conflunce or weblink, and 3 dots is just to add apps. )

We can't seem to find a way to see the already linked issues in the New view mode, with the Old view mode it's displayes on the main screen .

Thank you so much again for your help!!!

Kaushik Patel November 27, 2022

@Eva Suárez @Jack Brickey 

Do we have a solution of this issue yet?

I am facing exactly the same issue as @Eva Suárez 

Just to view the linked issues, users have to switch to old view and then they can see linked issues.

Not sure why, but JIRA should have taken care of such a basic feature in cloud.

Thanks,

Kaushik.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

Hi @Kaushik Patel ,

are you on Cloud or Server/Data center? You should see the links in the detailed issue view. Can you share where you wish to see the links and are not?

Kaushik Patel November 28, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey ,

I am using JIRA Clould.

I found solution to this issue in settings.

Go to Fields >> Field Configurations >> Select the field configuration you are using >> search for "Linked Issues" field >> Under the Actions column at right you need to click on "Show"

Then it will be visible on the main JIRA Issue page.

fyi: @Eva Suárez 

Thanks,

Kaushik

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer