How can I link an external link to an issue in new JIRA view?

Deleted user August 29, 2018

We work with our vendors and they have their own JIRA. Whenever our test case fails we create a bug in their JIRA and link it to our JIRA ticket. But in new JIRA view we can't add any external link.

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2018

@[deleted] 

Could you please share a screen from the link issue page you see when you try to do link ?

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2018

If you are trying to do link on JIRA cloud version. you can use the following instruction. which means you will need to save your issue first then open issue in view mode and click more(...)--->link > weblink

hope this will help 

Deleted user August 31, 2018

image.pngGoogle.com is just an example. As you can see in screenshot, it says 'We can't find an issue with the key www.google.com' so I can't link any non-JIRA link to the ticket.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2018

@[deleted] 

You can do link by selecting Weblink, you are trying to do link with an internal jira issue.

please select WebLink as in below image Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 7.58.00 AM.png

Deleted user September 5, 2018

Hey @Mohamed Adel, as I can see your screenshot is from old JIRA view. I am seeing the issue with the new JIRA view which Atlassian is rolling out. When I say new JIRA view I mean the new look and feel of how issue is displayed in JIRA, I can't share the screenshot of my JIRA due to my company's strict policies otherwise I could show you what I really mean by new JIRA view.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2018

Could you please specify the version number and it is cloud or server 

Note : my screenshot taken from cloud version.

Matt Sundquist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2019

I had this same problem with the new JIRA View. I found the functionality has been moved from the Utility ("...") menu to an icon/button (Link) beneath the Issue Title.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events