How can I install Mail.app JIRA ?

xattab November 20, 2015

I wont integrate JIRA with mac mail (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.pluginifiedcorp.mac-mail-jira-plugin/server/overview). I'm install it on server JIRA 6.2 , but can't install on local mac os. Where I can find a app for mac mail ?

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2015

I'm not sure I understand the question.

• JIRA sends mail via a mail server that you configure on your server.
  • JIRA can fetch mail from mailboxes and create/comment issues from incoming mail (it can do more if you code or find add-ons like JEMH to to more clever things, but it's all based on "monitor mailbox, act on incoming mail)
  • The add-on you mention in your question is for formatting emails to send to JIRA - it does not directly interact with JIRA, it doesn't run on the server, it runs inside your Mac's "mail" application.

From your question, I think you're struggling to install it on your Mac, but "can't install on local mac os" tells us nothing.  Rather than look for another application (which may well not exist, and could easily hit exactly the same problems this one does anyway), you should look at what is wrong with this one.  So what error are you getting and what installation docs are you following?

0 votes
Piotr Łempicki September 10, 2020

we have JIRA service in cloud, not server

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

Ok, then you don't need to think about downloads.  Go to "find new apps", find the one you want to "install" and use the install option for it.

It would be great if I could find there:

• Mail.app
  • Mac Mail JIRA

unfortunatelly I can not :/

screen 2020-09-10 o 14.58.02.jpgscreen 2020-09-10 o 14.57.50.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2020

So it doesn't exist for Cloud.  You'll need to look for a different way to do what you're trying to do.

0 votes

Another problem:

After install the bundle as described here: http://prontoplugins.herokuapp.com/macmailjira.html

I do not have the Mac Mail JIRA Tab in Mail Preferences: screen

screen 2020-09-10 o 13.15.42.jpg

Could not copy "MacMailJIRA.bundle" to "Bundles" shortcut.
I got a prompt:
"Unable to open the alias "Mail Bundles"; the original thing could not be found."

So I went to "~ / Library / Mail /" and created the directory "Bundles" and there copied "MacMailJIRA.bundle" file

0 votes

I can not download a .jar file from the Attlassian marketplace website 
Can you help?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2020

What are the symptoms of "can not download"?  What happens when you click on the download link?

ok, i've got a .jar file, but how manually should I install it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2020

The url there is nonsense, go to the marketplace and find the app, click download.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2020

Oh, you edited your comment to something totally different.

To install a .jar in Jira, go to admin -> manage apps and click upload.

As an admin i can not find any upload in admin -> manage ...

And in marketplace i cant fint this app searching for:

• Mail.app
  • Mac Mail JIRA
0 votes
xattab November 22, 2015

I wont integrate  JIra with mail.app (mac os). In marketplace atlassian  i find this plugin Mail.app JIRA (for MAC) 

In documentation says 

1. Log into your JIRA instance as an admin.
  2. Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
  3. Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
  4. Locate Mail.app JIRA (for MAC) via search.
  5. Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Mail.app JIRA (for MAC).
  6. Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
  7. Click Apply license

But where i can find a plagin for my mail client Mac Mail ?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2015

You've misunderstood what this is. The plugin *is* for the mail client, as I said already.

xattab November 24, 2015

ok,thanks

Suggest an answer