How can I get the permalink to a comment in the new 2018 Issue View?

Nikhil Kundra September 8, 2018

I'm pleased by the new Issue view, but how can I link to a specific comment now for clear communication (without switching back to the old view)? Is this a regression in the 2018 update? Or how do I obtain the permalink?

20 answers

38 votes
Vladimir Galajda March 25, 2019

There is an open issue for this feature

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70156

I would suggest everybody who is missing this feature should vote for it.

Ankit Verma June 13, 2019

Voted for this feature as this helps in pointing some specific comments in the comment thread inside Jira. I believe, Atlassian will soon look into this and make it available in the new interface as well.

Like # people like this
15 votes
Liudmyla Chura February 18, 2019

Atlassian team, that is a shame! I will use Facebook if I need likes. At the same time one of the most useful features is still in progress on your end. And now I need to switch to an old interface to use permalinks.

What a shame... 0 out of 10 for your redesign

Kanuj Bhatnagar April 21, 2020

It is very shocking that this is being taken as an enhancement. Even wordpress has permalinks for the comments :\

9 votes
Jaspaul_Aggarwal August 5, 2019

Ticket has been open since Sept 2018. Could you make it higher priority please :)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70156

André Pedroso September 25, 2019

+1000

Like # people like this
Jaspaul_Aggarwal October 21, 2019

Come on JIRA team. Why don't you atleast respond to your customers.

This should have been built by now

Like Gerry Quach likes this
4 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2018

Hi Nikhil,

I'm not entirely sure but it sure looks like that feature has not been added yet. As you may or may not know the new Issue View is still work in progress. You can keep track on the changes by watching the following page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

Best,

Maarten

Sixten Otto February 1, 2019

Sooooooo much stuff missing from the new UI. Wish they hadn't made it the default before it was actually done.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Nikhil Kundra September 10, 2018
Actually answered it myself. The way I found to do it (not necessarily the most intutive) is to switch back to the ‘Old’ issue view and grab it from there.
Eugene Dementiev December 4, 2018

I don't think this really qualifies, as surely the old interface will be phased out eventually. We have to let them know we need the feature..

Like # people like this
David Dombrowsky January 21, 2019

This is no feature, this is essential operation.  I'm supposed to tell my colleague "hey check this ticket, 37 comments down from the top, assuming you're sorting from oldest first"?  I think not.

Like # people like this
Keith McPherson February 13, 2019

+100

Nathan_Rzepecki July 10, 2019

+200

Tom Dausy July 12, 2019

+100

Jaspaul_Aggarwal October 21, 2019

This seems like a workaround and nuisance to do on a daily basis. 

On my JIRA I don't even have an option for old view

Joydeep Sen Sarma November 5, 2019

+500 :-). totally silly to not have this option and makes new ui unusable.

Nikhil Kundra November 5, 2019

Yeah you all are right :)

Jira, can you please prioritize fixing this issue? 🙏🏽

Like Dzianis Andreyeu likes this
ken.w.colvin December 2, 2019

Jira - You can not take away such important work flows, like link to a comment.  In the real world, people need to target a specific comment and not the full ticket.  As people in this thread are saying... "Come on Jira, this is a PRIMARY piece of project management, and you took away this permalink comment, which absolutely is counter-productive".  I would suggest you have your UX team put back this MUST-HAVE component.

Please answer everyone - When will a permalink to comment be in live production?

Like # people like this
2 votes
Michael Leipold-Haas December 19, 2019

Removal of permalink function for comments makes me sad.

1 vote
ken.w.colvin December 18, 2019

We all need to keep posting to get the comment permalink back

----

Jira - You can not take away such important work flows, like link to a comment.  In the real world, people need to target a specific comment and not the full ticket.  As people in this thread are saying... "Come on Jira, this is a PRIMARY piece of project management, and you took away this permalink comment, which absolutely is counter-productive".  I would suggest you have your UX team put back this MUST-HAVE component.

Please answer everyone - When will a permalink to comment be in live production for the new UI?

0 votes
Hristo Proynov December 17, 2020

I just want to say Thank you that you have finally added this functionality.

0 votes
robert.thwaites October 26, 2020

+1

0 votes
Ben Kang April 24, 2020

+1

0 votes
Yura_Lytovchenko February 24, 2020

Still using the old view :(

0 votes
Janis Zarzeckis February 24, 2020

+1

0 votes
Thomas Hibbard February 13, 2020

+1

0 votes
kolianich February 5, 2020

+1

0 votes
Jack Murgia February 4, 2020

+1

0 votes
Hristo Proynov December 19, 2019

There are many removed functionalities.

For example - I cannot edit a logged work time.

Please, set them all back!

0 votes
Piotr Dżaluk December 17, 2019

And please stop breaking working and used features.

0 votes
Hristo Proynov December 8, 2019

Atlassian, please, add the links to the comments. Everyone use them.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer