Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I get the permalink to a comment in the new 2018 Issue View? Edited

I'm pleased by the new Issue view, but how can I link to a specific comment now for clear communication (without switching back to the old view)? Is this a regression in the 2018 update? Or how do I obtain the permalink?

19 answers

There is an open issue for this feature

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70156

I would suggest everybody who is missing this feature should vote for it.

Voted for this feature as this helps in pointing some specific comments in the comment thread inside Jira. I believe, Atlassian will soon look into this and make it available in the new interface as well.

Like # people like this

Atlassian team, that is a shame! I will use Facebook if I need likes. At the same time one of the most useful features is still in progress on your end. And now I need to switch to an old interface to use permalinks.

What a shame... 0 out of 10 for your redesign

It is very shocking that this is being taken as an enhancement. Even wordpress has permalinks for the comments :\

Ticket has been open since Sept 2018. Could you make it higher priority please :)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70156

Like # people like this

Come on JIRA team. Why don't you atleast respond to your customers.

This should have been built by now

Like Gerry Quach likes this
4 votes

Hi Nikhil,

I'm not entirely sure but it sure looks like that feature has not been added yet. As you may or may not know the new Issue View is still work in progress. You can keep track on the changes by watching the following page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

Best,

Maarten

Sooooooo much stuff missing from the new UI. Wish they hadn't made it the default before it was actually done.

Like # people like this
Actually answered it myself. The way I found to do it (not necessarily the most intutive) is to switch back to the ‘Old’ issue view and grab it from there.

I don't think this really qualifies, as surely the old interface will be phased out eventually. We have to let them know we need the feature..

Like # people like this

This is no feature, this is essential operation.  I'm supposed to tell my colleague "hey check this ticket, 37 comments down from the top, assuming you're sorting from oldest first"?  I think not.

Like # people like this

This seems like a workaround and nuisance to do on a daily basis. 

On my JIRA I don't even have an option for old view

+500 :-). totally silly to not have this option and makes new ui unusable.

Yeah you all are right :)

Jira, can you please prioritize fixing this issue? 🙏🏽

Like Dzianis Andreyeu likes this

Jira - You can not take away such important work flows, like link to a comment.  In the real world, people need to target a specific comment and not the full ticket.  As people in this thread are saying... "Come on Jira, this is a PRIMARY piece of project management, and you took away this permalink comment, which absolutely is counter-productive".  I would suggest you have your UX team put back this MUST-HAVE component.

Please answer everyone - When will a permalink to comment be in live production?

Like # people like this

Removal of permalink function for comments makes me sad.

We all need to keep posting to get the comment permalink back

----

Jira - You can not take away such important work flows, like link to a comment.  In the real world, people need to target a specific comment and not the full ticket.  As people in this thread are saying... "Come on Jira, this is a PRIMARY piece of project management, and you took away this permalink comment, which absolutely is counter-productive".  I would suggest you have your UX team put back this MUST-HAVE component.

Please answer everyone - When will a permalink to comment be in live production for the new UI?

Atlassian, please, add the links to the comments. Everyone use them.

Thank you.

And please stop breaking working and used features.

There are many removed functionalities.

For example - I cannot edit a logged work time.

Please, set them all back!

Still using the old view :(

I just want to say Thank you that you have finally added this functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

270 views 8 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you