How can I filter issues on a Business Project board by label?

Kaitlyn Luboff October 4, 2018

I can add labels to issues on a business project, but they aren't showing on my board. How do I make them visible on the board, and then make it possible to filter the board by label?

4 answers

3 votes
basir January 29, 2019

No, none of the above answers work for Business Project boards that are not customizable. Unfortunately I believe the only solution is to create a filter and see the issues in regular list mode and not a board. Or convert to a Software Project (not sure if that's possible).

Peter Davis February 11, 2021

sadly this seems correct; would atlassian like to comment on why this is true? Functionality is stripped out of the business projects boards?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2018

@Kaitlyn Luboff If you are using Kanban Board, and you are either the Board Admin or JIRA Admin, then you can go inside Board Configuration and use "Card Layout" option to show "Labels" field for each card/issue on the board.

In order to filter the board by label, you can create "Quick Filters" inside Board Configuration for each label, using JQL query like "labels = <label-name>".

Please let me know if this solution works for you.

1 vote
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2018

@Kaitlyn Luboff Are you using a Business Project Board or a Scrum/Kanban Project Board?

Kaitlyn Luboff October 5, 2018

@Taranjeet Singh I'm using a business project template, but looking at all my issues on a kanban project board. 

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2018

@Kaitlyn Luboff Did my answer helped resolve your question?

Kaitlyn Luboff December 17, 2018

Unfortunately no. I don't appear to have "Board Configuration" in my visible options. I should be the admin for this board, but I don't see it.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2018

@Kaitlyn Luboff When you navigate to your Kanban board for your project, do you see the Board menu on top right and if yes, do you see the option "Configure" in that menu. Please see below for reference:

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 11.16.01 AM.png

Kaitlyn Luboff December 17, 2018

No, I don't see that :( sounds like I don't have the right access level.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2018

@Kaitlyn Luboff Yes, you need to be either Project Admin or Board Admin in the project, in order to see this menu and configure the board. You can ask your JIRA admin to provide you this required permission.

Abbas Dar October 5, 2020

When creating a 'Classic Business' project they seemed to have stripped out a lot of the functionality that would have been available in the 'Classic Software' projects. This is the reason why you can't see the options outlined by @Taranjeet Singh . I'm looking for the same thing but unfortunately have realised that this option is not even present.

Like # people like this
René Lopez July 27, 2021

yes, apparently there's no way of filtering by component or label in Jira classic business

Like Dylan Kogut likes this
0 votes
Madeline Bennett June 8, 2022

Same issue here. What a massive oversight on Attlasian's part. Trying to put together a team project is such a pain right now because we need a board that has the capability of being updated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events