How can I easily tell what kind of Software project is a project in Jira, Kanban vs Scrum vs Basic?

Abe_Roba February 6, 2019

How can I easily tell what kind of Software project is a project in Jira, Kanban vs Scrum vs Basic? I can tell whether it is a Software or Business or Service Desk, but I can't tell what type of Software project it is.

2 answers

4 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

Hello Abe,

The "Type" that you are in only affects the original workflows, issue types, ect. It doesn't limit you in any way going forward. It's just a project template.

That being said, if you want to check if you had a "Scrum project" initially vs. a Kanban, you can look at the "Issue Type Scheme" that was given to the project. 

Kanban ones will be marked with "Project Key: Kanban Issue Type Scheme", Scrum ones will be "Project Key: Scrum Issue Type Scheme". "Basic" ones will be marked as "Software Development Issue Type Scheme". 

See my screenshots. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 8.01.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.59.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.59.09 PM.png

subham patra July 20, 2020

Hi @Kian Stack Mumo Systems - Is there any other way to find out the types of project i.e. scrum or kanban? 

The scheme names have been changed for the projects i have been looking for to identify the types.

Like # people like this
Benjamin Kirkbride July 12, 2023

> The "Type" that you are in only affects the original workflows, issue types, ect. It doesn't limit you in any way going forward. It's just a project template.

This may have been true at one time (oh what a time that must have been) but it could not be further from the truth now.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Hoffman, Chris May 23, 2023

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems   This solution does not work as of May 2023.  It also looks like there are limitations on what can be changed in a project based on how it was originally created

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events