How can I bulk update the name (label) of objects in Insight?

Matt August 9, 2022

I need to change the name of a few hundred objects.

I though I could use import, but it does not let me use Name as the uid and map it to a new value.

2 answers

0 votes
David Sumlin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

You should be able to use an Import to overlay or "upsert" the new Name/Label values. In your Import mapping, you'll most likely want to use the Key as the identifier. (which means you'll need the key in your CSV)

Matt August 15, 2022

This was my first thought.

I had Key and Name (new name).
In the import definition, it did not let me use Key as the identifier, only name.

Seem wierd, maybe I did something wrong, I did lokk a couple of times though.

Can you check you system?

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi @Matt 

You can change the object values once you have identified the objects via IQL

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-multiple-objects

Thanks,

Pramodh

Matt August 9, 2022

Ah no, I'm familar with that approach, very useful, but in this case I have to rename the Label/Name.

I need to change like this

Foo1
Foo2
Foo3

to 

Bar1
Bar2
Bar2

I think the only way to do it, is to create a new column, import new name to that.
Make that the label, and import update the original Name, and then make that the label again. 

I'm worried about what will break.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@Matt 

If you have referred any object field attributes in the custom field surely it will break and also look for the automations

If you have not referred those, you can go ahead and create the new attribute

Thanks 

Suggest an answer