How Can I get Plugin Usage Report for Jira

Ujjwal Jain August 7, 2018

Dear Team,

Need a report for plugin usage - plugins that are actively being used and who is using a the plugin.  Currently there isn't a way in JIRA to see this information and no plugin that would perform this action.  Sometimes plugins are requested and installed but there isn't a way to see a list of the plugins that are actively being used and by whom.  Having this feature would make it easier when doing an upgrade analysis or an analysis of the system and plugins installed. 

Thanks

Ujjwal Jain

4 answers

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

Hi Ujjwal,

that's a tricky thing and you will have to look at different places depending on the apps you're using. For example an easy thing to find out is the usage of custom fields provided by third-party apps. Or for example if you want to find out wether you are using additional workflow extensions (conditions, validators, post functions) from different apps in your workflows or not, that could be achieved using the workflow report of an app we at Decadis are offering on the Atlassian Marketplace called Admin Toolbox for Jira down to the very specific transition or you go through all workflows / xml exports manually. And for different other offered features by apps you may also have to skim through the log files of your system. It's not as easy as it is in Confluence with the macro usage report. Maybe we can be of bigger help here if you have examples for us which app you want report on.

Best, Max

Mayar Sahab Mohamed January 4, 2019

Hi Max,

I need help with this on Global jira and confluence instances .TIA

M Hoogenboom December 30, 2019

I was searching for the same and it is funny how you would need another plugin to find out which plugins are being used... Jira out-of-the-box is just not enough.

Best approach might be to just disable it and wait if someone is going to complain.

Like # people like this
Ahmet Kilic July 8, 2021

I don't think so, if it is best approach.

Let's say, you have built an automation such as post function, then noone can noticed whether it is not working.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Anirudh Pratap Verma October 17, 2023

Hi All,

I am using JIRA 9.4.0. Did we find anything that can calculate the plugin usage by now? Or we still do not have any ways to find this statistics.

Thanks,

0 votes
Ahmet Kilic July 8, 2021
select * from jiraworkflows where descriptor like '%com.googlecode.jsu%' or descriptor like '%ch.beecom.jira.jsu%';

Try to find it with the descriptor smt like above in Database. 

0 votes
Betty Li January 27, 2021

I tried to use the following steps to get an idea of which plugin is used.

If the value in the rows is 0 in DataBase Tables, the plugin may not be used. 

Ahmet Kilic July 8, 2021

Please keep in mind that it is not working truly. JSU Plugin is being actively used in my instance but the feature you described above shows 0, which is not what we expected

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events