Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide UI worklog tab Edited

Hi,

we want to hide the work log tab from activity panel (with all, comments, work log, history and activity) in the issue view.

Screenshot-2021-05-27-worklog-tab-in-activity-panel.png

I tried to use scriptrunner hide UI fragment but I can't find the right element.

I found the elements to hide the actions to create a new work log item but not the tab with the history.

We have Jira 8.13.6 and scriptrunner 6.3.0-p5.

Is it possible to do this with scriptrunner or somehow else?

Regards
Erik

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Erik,

If you want to hide the history / worklog tab in the Activity module on issue view, you could disable the plugin module as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-hide-the-history-tab-in-the-issue-panel-702710334.html 

If you want to do it only for certain projects/issue types, you could use Scriptrunner.

You could use a scripted field with the code below:

return """

<style>

#changehistory-tabpanel {

display: none !important;

}

#worklog-tabpanel {

}

</style>

<div>

</div>"""

@Erik Buchholz , I just saw your screenshot. The script I posted should help you hide it.

Hi @Ioana ,

thanks for your answer.

Yes we want to hide it only in one project for certain users. So I modified your code a little and it works so far, if the field is in the right context and on the view issue screen.

Little disadvantage is that the field name is in the screen.

Screenshot-2021-05-27-remove-work-log-tab-with-field.png

Do you know any disadvantages of this solution compared to the hide UI fragments regarding safety or performance?

Regards
Erik

Hi Erik,

I tried to figure out a way to achieve what you are looking for, but with no success.

I use a similar script into a scripted field, but its purpose was also to display some other information and not only to hide UI elements, so I didn't think of hiding the field from the screen.

The only option I can think of is adding the code into the Announcement banner, but that would apply the change to the entire Jira instance. 

I don't think there are any security concerns related to using this script, nor performance issues, as long as you have a context for the field so that it is not applied to all issues.

Regards,

Ioana

Like Erik Buchholz likes this

Hi @Ioana ,

many thanks for your answer! It guided me to a solution.

Regards
Erik

PS: I accepted your answer because the part with deactivation of the plugin module to do it global is right, as I didn't mention in the question that I just want to hide it under certain conditions.

1 vote
Answer accepted

Many thanks to @Ioana !

With your answer I found following solution:

With _show a web panel_ fragment I can use a condition with context of the project or issue and the current user. With the key I can hide the panel itself in the same way.

Screenshot_2021-05-28-hide-with-show-panel.png

condition:

jiraHelper.project.key in ["TEST"]

script:

writer.write(
"""
<style>
#worklog-tabpanel {
}
#remove-work-log-tab {
}
</style>
<div>
</div>
"""
)
1 vote
John Funk Community Leader May 26, 2021

Hi Erik,

I don't use the Server version of Jira but see if you can edit the Permission Scheme for that Project to change the Work on Issues permissions under the Time Tracking Permissions section of the permission scheme.

If the user does not have Work on Issues permission, they should not see the work log tab. At least that's how it works in Cloud. 

Hi @John Funk ,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately in server this seams to be different. I removed all permissions but John Doe can still see the work logs.

The problem is that the users shall log their own work but should not see the work logs of the others.

We'll probably solve this by creating an issue for every user and hide the other issues.

Regards
Erik

John Funk Community Leader May 26, 2021

Is there an option for View All Work Logs in server?

If not, your work around seems like the best route. 

Hi @Erik Buchholz

Could you please share a print screen of which worklog tab you are trying to hide?

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Ram

Hi @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ ,

I added a screenshot to the question and tried to clarify that it's in activity panel.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

321 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you