Help with JQL: Filter out tickets created only over weekends.

Tomasz September 20, 2022

Dear Community,

I am really badly looking for a help regarding filtering out issues, created only over weekends ( Saturda, Sunday).

I've seen several topics, where people were using JQL with startWeek and so on, but in my case that doesn't work at all. 

Maybe there is any other 3rd party plugin, which has the option to filter out such issues, with specific days? 

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi,

you can try comthing like this:

created > startOfWeek(-26h) AND created <= startOfWeek(1d) ORDER BY created DESC

May be you will need to adjust the argument in the first startofweek function

Tomasz September 20, 2022

Thank you very much Mohamed! Do know maybe how this query is calculating the startofWeek, like whats the timestamp base to calculate -26h?

I am struggling also to filter out issues during working week and specific time frame like 09:00-18:00

created > startOfDay("+9h") and created < startOfDay("+18h")

and the same during working week, but including nights only

created > startOfDay(-6h) AND created < startOfDay(8h)

Do you think this querys make sense? 

Thank you once again!

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi,

by default startofweek means sunday at 12am so i think the correct syntax should be

startOfWeek(-24h)

instead of

startOfWeek(-26h)

StartOfDay() is equal to 12am so your first query seems correct. If you want the issue created outside working hours you could do it like below:

created > startOfDay("+18h") AND created < endOfDay()

But be aware that this JQL will return results only when you launched it after 18h, so you will need to create a subscription to have a mail with the issue list.

you can take look at this thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Find-all-issues-created-outside-of-normal-working-hours/qaq-p/1978132

Like Tomasz likes this
Tomasz September 29, 2022

Thank you @Mohamed Benziane  for your brilliant help. 

Like Mohamed Benziane likes this

Suggest an answer