Help creating very specific webhook events

Amber G November 4, 2019

I would like to trigger a WebHook only when the status is updated, ideally to a specific status.

The existing event on update triggers the WebHook whenever any field is updated. Is there a way to make this more specific? If not, is there anything in the payload that can tell the application which field was updated?

Thanks for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amber G November 5, 2019

I have found a solution. The problem was that I was trying to configure the WebHook incorrectly.

In order to invoke a WebHook call when a specific status change is made, a Workflow must be created or updated with a 'Post Function' invoking the WebHook on the desired status change (e.g. from 'To Do' to 'In Progress').

A 'Workflow Scheme' must then be added and assigned to the desired project and issue types to which this behaviour should apply.

The WebHook needs only to specify the URL, and no event. Associating the WebHook with the status change, or 'Transition' as JIRA calls it, and ensuring it is 'Active' by adding the Workflow in which it exists to a 'Workflow Scheme' is adequate.

Suggest an answer