Help Troubleshooting Webhooks to MS Teams?

Development Admin July 19, 2019

I'm trying to get Jira Server to fire a webhook to MS Teams whenever a version is marked released.  I went through the setup and selected the Version: released event, and grabbed my webhook url from MS Teams.  When I go to test it and release a version, nothing shows up in Teams and all I get in the Jira logs are a "Client error - 400 when posting to web hook" warning.  I tried adding different events and just get more of the same.  I am not specifying any JQL (though have tried it with some), exclude body is not turned on, and I have no linked transitions.

The other posts I've found of other people with a similar problem, it just seems to start working again.  Any ideas what I can check next?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Development Admin July 22, 2019

Figured out the problem.  MS Teams doesn't like the default JSON Jira sends.  I'm creating a custom listener for releases that sends it formatted properly for MS Teams.

Dimitri February 27, 2020

can you elaborate a bit on this ?  There is very little doc on this.. (jira side, I mean)

thanks!

Markus July 8, 2021

Do you mind pasting what you created? A custom listener might be useful to others

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events