Global transition screen not showing up

Nazia November 29, 2023

I have a global transition in a workflow named 'Update Ticket' to which I have assigned a screen I built with custom fields to collect some data from the user. Using this data I have some scripts that I need to fire as post-functions. I have assigned the screen I built to the global transition but when I click on the 'Update Ticket' from a test issue, it just opens up a screen with a Comment field. Why is my screen not showing up? Have I missed something in my configurations? Appreciate any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2023

Hi @Nazia , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question!

Please can you share some screens of the workflow and the transition screen?

Thanks

Nazia November 29, 2023

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for your prompt response. Attached are a number of screen snaps. 

1 - The workflow

2 - The workflow with the screen assigned to the global transition

3 - The Update Ticket screen config

4 - The screen that is seen when I click on 'Update ticket' in a test issue.1 - Workflow.png2 - Workflow with screen assigned.png3 - Update ticket screen config.png4 - Screen Seen on test issue.png

Hope these help!

Cheers!

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2023

Hi @Nazia . Thanks for your reply.

Please check this statement here -

bk8bmb2j.png

It might be the case that these fields have a custom field context which means they are not visible within this project. If you can please check one of them, in the Issues, Custom Field menu, and then 

image.png

Please make sure the context is set to include the project and issue types you are using.

If that doesn't sort things out, please write back and either I or someone else will try to help.

Cheers

Nazia November 29, 2023

The context of the custom fields  did not include the new project, when I included it worked! Thank you!!

Like Valerie Knapp likes this
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2023

You're very welcome! :)

Suggest an answer