Getting different record count from JIRA search API and from advanced search of JIRA UI

Amruta Sonawane August 11, 2020

I am facing count mismatch issue while fetching records of JIRA through postman and through advanced search functionality of JIRA UI however query in both the cases is same.

Endpoint URL- https://{domain-name}/rest/api/2/search?jql=project={projectKey}+AND+issuetype=Bug+AND+createdDate>=2020-01-01

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2020

Probably the users are different and can see different issues.

You'll need to look at the data on "missing" issues to see why it is missing from one search and not the other.

0 votes
Ragavendra rahul March 24, 2022

Even I face the same issue as above. I have a Test Execution where I add tests via JQL Search in JIRA UI. I got 11 records according to JQL filter which is expected. But when I do the same thing via POSTMAN I get 12 records which is wrong.

JQL query for filtering out the test which is having a linked issue which is bug and it is not closed state 
AND NOT issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issuetype = Bug AND status !=closed')

Expected 11 records because one issue is having linked issue which is Bug and not in closed state

This query filters the tests in Jira UI Properly but not in Jira API.

Due to this, I'm not able to automate this Jira api

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

It's the same answer - your users have different permissions.

Ragavendra rahul March 24, 2022

I agree to your point. But I use same user for both in UI as well as in JIRA API. 

Like Robert Dillon likes this

Suggest an answer