Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Getting different record count from JIRA search API and from advanced search of JIRA UI

I am facing count mismatch issue while fetching records of JIRA through postman and through advanced search functionality of JIRA UI however query in both the cases is same.

Endpoint URL- https://{domain-name}/rest/api/2/search?jql=project={projectKey}+AND+issuetype=Bug+AND+createdDate>=2020-01-01

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Probably the users are different and can see different issues.

You'll need to look at the data on "missing" issues to see why it is missing from one search and not the other.

Even I face the same issue as above. I have a Test Execution where I add tests via JQL Search in JIRA UI. I got 11 records according to JQL filter which is expected. But when I do the same thing via POSTMAN I get 12 records which is wrong.

JQL query for filtering out the test which is having a linked issue which is bug and it is not closed state 
AND NOT issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issuetype = Bug AND status !=closed')

Expected 11 records because one issue is having linked issue which is Bug and not in closed state

This query filters the tests in Jira UI Properly but not in Jira API.

Due to this, I'm not able to automate this Jira api

It's the same answer - your users have different permissions.

I agree to your point. But I use same user for both in UI as well as in JIRA API. 

Like Robert Dillon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events