Get issues by project key with all work logs

nttinhcmus February 18, 2020

Hey guys, I am using JIRA api version 7.6.1 on method GET /rest/api/2/search.

My problem is the number of work logs received is only 20 as default.

Is there away to get all work logs inside an issue. As In the image I have 25 work logs for the issue but can get only 20.

"id": "15430",
"self": "",
"key": "DHC-157",
"fields": {
"summary": "Display Payment Plan in Cart",
},
"worklog": {
"startAt": 0,
"maxResults": 20,
"total": 25,
"worklogs": [
{
"self": "h8",
"author": {

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Hello @nttinhcmus

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, the Rest API call /rest/api/2/search is limited to 20 worklog entries per issue. We have a bug reported about this behavior here:

The /rest/api/2/issue/<issueKey> endpoint does not respect pagination parameters 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

As a workaround, you can use the /rest/api/2/issue/<issueKey>/worklog endpoint to list all worklogs for a given issue. Additional manipulation will be required by the REST consumer to sort or filter those results; as that endpoint does not support pagination either. Please see JRASERVER-69308 for more details.

Let us know if you have any questions.

nttinhcmus February 19, 2020

Thank you @Petter Gonçalves  for the answer. It's very clear to me.

I have the same idea of using the /rest/api/2/issue/<issueKey>/worklog endpoint to list all worklogs but what I concern is the performance.

Btw, I have to go on that way.

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Hello @nttinhcmus

You are welcome! Have a nice day you too and please don't hesitate to contact us again in case you have any other questions. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events