Get custom field values from epic

Saurav7966 May 23, 2021

I'm trying to inherit custom field values from epic to issues below (stories) for required custom fields.

When we select the epic Link in the Story  issuetype while creating the issue, it should auto-populate the custom field values from the Linked Epic when creating the issue itself.

I'm trying to do it using Scriptrunner, but not able to achieve it. Can anyone please help?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2021
Saurav7966 May 23, 2021

Thanks, but I think this is for updating the customfield values of the issues under epic when there is a change in the value in epic.

What I want is to get the values from the epic onto the form when we enter the epic link while creating the new issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2021

Yes, that's why I said it was not far off.  You can reverse the logic in it (an Epic is just an issue at its heart) - use the same code to read a field from the Epic, the same code to follow the link back to the epic, and the same code to update the field on the current issue.  Just need to change the targets of each bit.

Suggest an answer