Get all comments of multiple issues by rest

Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Is there a way to get all the comments of many issues. In the Cloud via REST.
So the comments themselves and the number of comments.

I know it works with JQL and JIRA expressions. But there are some tradeoffs there:
- We might get blocked if there are too many requests (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rate-limiting/)
- Maximum 10 or 100 issues per request (Very slow by many issues)

Has anyone any experience with this?
Is there another API available?

Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Steffen Stamprath I don't think it is possible. THe only documentation for comments REST API is https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-comments/#api-group-issue-comments

So you can get comments for ONE issue or for MANY IDs.

I suggest you to

Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

When I get the comments by the search api, why I should call the comment-list api? I already have then my comments.

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Yeah, you are right. I just woke up when I was replying, sorry :)

Like Steffen Stamprath likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events