Forwarding jira cloud URL to my URL domain

Cristian Andres Ciambrignoni January 23, 2020

hello, I need to delegate the atlassian domain with my domain.
I currently have my mi jira cloud xxx.atlassian, net and I want it to go to xxx.mydomain.com.
They told me from the Atlassian support that I can do Forwarding.
I try it with the DNS cname but it doesn't work.
thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi Cristian,

If I understand your request here, you are wanting to be able to access your Atlassian Cloud site [example].atlassian.net from your own domain instead, such as [jira].example.com

At the moment, this is not something that Atlassian has support for.  There is an existing feature request to allow our Cloud sites to utilize their own domains over in CLOUD-6999.  I would recommend watching and voting on that issue.  Ultimately, for the functionality I think you want to see here, that ticket will mostly likely be updated first should that feature become available in our Cloud offerings.

That said, it might be possible to use a DNS record redirect.  This could permit requests to your own subdomain.example.com to reach an Atlassian Cloud URL like [example].atlassian.net  However the major difference here is that the URL in the browser would simply redirect a users first request to that URL to the Atlassian domain immediately.  And all later requests would then be on the Atlassian domain.  Not all DNS services I believe would support this kind of record.  However services from DNS provides like Google, seem to have some ability to redirect such requests: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6072198

I do not believe it is currently possible for you to be able to access the Atlassian Cloud site so that end users only ever see the URL as being from your own domain.  Sorry that is probably not the answer you were looking for, but I believe it is accurate in the current state.

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Helen Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 14, 2020

Hey Cristian,

Not sure if you have solved this now but Refined has got us some of the way here - https://www.refined.com/. We bring the service desk and various confluence spaces together on our own sub-domain. They've been really great at supporting our non-developer team as well (may not be a problem for you :)).

The only downside is that the sign-up process is still quirky; after account creation it redirects to Jira service desk and we need to use the landing page to redirect back out to Refined.  

Cheers

Helen

Suggest an answer