Flagged - What is the meaning of flagged in the new view of tickets?

Maik Erler August 12, 2019

We are dealing with existing tickets. The new view of tickets shows next to the ticket status "Flagged". What is the meaning of that especially when is a ticket flagged? Is it flagged when a label is added or something like that?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

Hi  @Maik Erler ,

an issue is flagged, whenever you flag it. There are functions in the "..." - menu: Add flag and remove flag.

A flagged issue is highlighted on the board, so you should flag your most important issues.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

You can query for flagged issues with this JQL:

flagged = Impediment

Maik Erler August 12, 2019

Hi Thomas, 

thanks fro your response. I have seen how to flag a ticket and to remove a flag. But I couldn't figure out why a particular set of tickets is flagged or not flagged. It doesn't depend on e.g. the set priority. These tickets were flagged automatically by the new view of tickets. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2019

Are you sure, they were not flagged before and you just did not recognize it because it was not so "visible" on the view? 

You can see updates on the flagged-field in the issue history. 

Maik Erler August 13, 2019

Thank Thomas, we made not updates on the flagged-field at all. Even if I compare the identical ticket in the current state based on the old view and the new view, I can't see any flag on the old view. We are using the priority, which highlights the ticket on the board, and we are using tags, fix version and so on. 

But it's not clear to me what produces the flagged status in the new view.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2019

I think, the only place where you were able to see flags before the new view came out was the board itself.

Maik Erler August 13, 2019

Hi Thomas, the flag is new on the ticket view and it was set on the board. 

Thanks 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2019

You're welcome, Maik

Suggest an answer