Find Last Sprint Issue was Present

Wendy Schaeffer December 10, 2019

I need to create an efficiency reports in which I need to identify how many stories/bugs were worked and closed during a sprint.  If a story/bug was worked multiple sprints, the JQL being used is showing all the sprints.  I need only the last sprint it was in for reporting purposes.  

I can export the query results to Excel and use functions to identify the last sprint, however, this requires a lot of manual manipulation and a greater cause of human error.  I would like to be able to show the report using the JIRA issue macro in Confluence. 

Has anyone figured a way in which to only pull the last sprint the JIRA issue was present in?

TIA!!

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Hi Wendy,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd like to count with a field that displayed the last sprint an issue was in, instead of showing all sprints where the issue had ever been, which is the native Sprint field behaviour.

Natively, there's no way to show just the last sprint into a column or field.

With ScriptRunner, that would be possible by adding some code to a Scripted Field. Once created, the field could be added to the Jira Macro in Confluence.

There are more Scripted Field scripts in the Adaptavist Library.

Hope it helps.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

By the way, another Scripted Field which code is available here could retrieve the number of weekdays since the Sprint field was last updated. It would require just to update "Custom Field Name" with "Sprint".

Lucy Dilts February 15, 2022

Yet ANOTHER answer that requires a 3rd party tool.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer