Fancy Footwork and Nested Selects in JQL

RAVI AMBAR RAO April 5, 2022

Hi Everyone - 

I've got a project called my_epics that has all my epics.  And, I've got a query that returns all the epics I'm interested in

(project = my_epics and Size is "Large" and Labels = "Cool_Epics")

Now I'd like a query to return the children of those epics.  In my day we would have called this a nested select

Issuetype = Story and epic_link in ( select (project = my_epics and Size is "Large" and Labels = "Cool_Epics")) 

Is this possible to create in JQL?

Thanks,

Ravi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suvarna Gaikwad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2022

hi @RAVI AMBAR RAO 

If you have a scriptrunner, it can be achieved with below query

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = my_epics and Size is 'Large' and Labels = 'Cool_Epics'")

Hope this helps!

RAVI AMBAR RAO April 6, 2022

Thanks @Suvarna Gaikwad ! 

I'm almost afraid to ask because I think know the answer.  Script runner costs money.  Is there a way to do this in JIRA without purchasing any add ins?

Suvarna Gaikwad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2022

@RAVI AMBAR RAO I am afraid I have not seen nested jql queries that are available out of the box. we will have to use plugins like scriptrunner or jql booster pack

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events