Exporting issues from JIRA to Excel as it shows in JIRA

Daniel Cano May 26, 2020

Hi! I'm trying to export issues from JIRA to Excel as they show in JIRA, I'm able to export the issues but these are ordered using the Creation Date. Do anyone know how to do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Mühleis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2020

Hi Daniel,

to start the process helping you with your problem, and since there are several ways/options to export the data into an Excel sheet: which export function to Excel do you use, and to which sheet type do you export your data?

Daniel Cano May 27, 2020

Hi Sebastian! I'm using the JIRA Cloud Export option and I'm doing it to CSV.

Sebastian Mühleis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2020

Hello again Daniel,

according to my understanding/knowledge (I'm only a few weeks ahead of you regarding Excel export :-D) your problem is related to the filter (and maybe to the export "form").

If I use "Export Excel CSV (all fields)" it sorts all issues by creation date (just as you pointed out. This problem did not occur to me yet, because we have only used the "Export Excel CSV (current fields)" option - and there the issues are sorted in the same way they're sorted on my screen (and I can change the reference and thus the order).

Does this solve your problem (although it would be a very simple solution I guess...)?

If not, do not hesitate and I will ask my colleague (who is more into the topic), if he has other ideas how to change the order.

Suggest an answer