Export to XLS

Piotr Jabłoński November 25, 2016

Is currently in JIRA can do data export to XLS with filter Search for issues?
I remember that once was a possibility but now I do not see this option.
I only see the options:
Export XML
Export RSS
Export WORD
Export HTML
Export CSV

4 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

Better Excel is the add-on that extends JIRA with this functionality by exporting native and customizable XLSX files.

8cf2e403-aa4f-409d-926b-51168c6280ed

0 votes
Service Desk Admin September 4, 2019

When I export data from Jira I can see in Excel only 1000 rows.
Please help to understand how to export more? Because I have big project.

0 votes
Tomasz Kustrzynski August 7, 2017

If you're after JIRA Cloud solution, and don't mind importing CSV into Excel, you could try Advanced Export.

It has ability to customise separators, fields to export, as well as export data which standard JIRA CSV export cannot do.

Please let me know if there any functionalities you'd like to see in the plugin.

It's not free, but very modestly priced.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2016

To do so:

1. Export to HTML
  2. Open Excel
  3. from Excel, click on the Open file option and select that HTML file (data will be shown in spreadsheet)
  4. for convenience, click on Save As and choose XLS format
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2016

That broadly works with the CSV export as well - Atlassian have been asked for CSV for years, and are replacing the Excel exports with it, that's why it's gone from Cloud.

Like # people like this
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2016

Hi Nic. Good point. However, when I open such a csv file with Excel 2013, it doesn't separate columns properly. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2016

I doubt it's your fault.  Excel is not great with non-excel formats itself, and the CSV that JIRA currently generates is not quite as "ready for production" as I'd have liked.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2016

Oh, I see. Many thanks smile

Like James_Colea likes this
Senthilkumar October 8, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough

I got 15k tickets in my JIRA on one project. I would like to download them all. But i know we can download only 1000 tickets per shot. 

I got tickets from 2017, so i am not sure  how to download the next set of jira tickets, after the first 1000 tickets.

Can you help me on it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events