Export jira issues for jql in excel using Automation rule or rest api

shahjad ahemad March 27, 2023

How we can export jql search result in excel sheet using automation rule or rest api. 

3 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

Use the Better Excel Automation for Jira app.

It introduces 3 new automation actions that you can add to your automation rules:

1. Send Excel (you will need this one for emailing!)
  2. Save Excel 
  3. Attach Excel

In the shot below, you can see a rule that is executed periodically, runs a JQL search, then exports the results to an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) and emails to multiple recipients ("To" and "Cc" as well).

send-xls-config.png

Ajinkya Paradkar March 8, 2024

Hi,

We are using Notification Assistant for Jira from quite a long time and have the exact requirement of exporting filter issues in excel format.

However , I cannot see the "Exporting issues to CSV" option when I try to configure the notification. Please assist.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

How I can export the JQL reason. in the above link I don't see anything how they exported the data in excel. I'm able to run JQL query using rest api but don't how I can export those results in excel.. Please help me.

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

First of all, I've got a question: Why you don't use the export functionality that Jira provides? https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/export-issues/

Because we are creating JQL using rest api and we want to publish the excel sheet to user on email. 

let us know if there are any solution possible to export JQL using rest Api.

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

Suggest an answer