Exclude Weekends in JQL Query

iftekhar sayyed April 19, 2022

Hello Team,

I have a requirement to write a JQL Query in the Automation Rule for Jira Service Mgmt.

I need to find all the requests which are approaching due dates for less than 3 days from the expected completion date.

for e.g if the completion date is  04/22/2022  so today is 04/19/2022 then the jql should return all such request information which are in progress.

Quick response is highly appreciated.

3 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

This question came up a couple of times in the past, see this thread for some creative ideas:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Exclude-weekends-in-JQL-Query/qaq-p/1030290

0 votes
Derek F_ May 20, 2023

For Service Desk marking issues as After Hours, I used the following:

createdDate >= startOfWeek(6d) AND createdDate <= startOfWeek(7d)

like this:

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 11.32.06 AM.png
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

Hi @iftekhar sayyed ,

unfortunately there's no a specific operator for this. you need to use startOfWeek()/endOfWeek() in your JQL in order to manually exclude specific weekend.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer