Error with attachements and failure

Nouiere June 1, 2021

Attachement failure keeps appearing to me everytime i attach something in Jira or Service disk and it keeps not working for 24 hours then after this the attachement work normally ,so i wanted to know if it is related to schedulling thing or some user access change or something ? i have been investigating it on different cases and different type of attachements * pdf , word , excel and images* and all happens the same . fail for 24 hours then work . 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

This sounds like someone has crippled your system, disabling indexing on issues on their updates, and moving to doing indexing overnight or on a schedule.

However, I'm not too sure, and I could really use a bit more description of "attachment failure keeps appearing to me" - I am reading this as:

• Create/edit issue, adding an attachment
  • When the issue view refreshes, you see no attachment on the issue
  • 24 hours later, you view the issue again, and the attachment is there (and viewable)

But, I'm not sure that is right.  Are you getting an error message from the attempt to attach, then you do nothing, but the attachment appears later, even though you've not tried anything more?

It would be interesting to narrow this down a bit - is it really 24 hours, or is it more "I add attachment any time today, but it does not appear on the issue until I look again at 10am tomorrow"?  Like there's a time that they get updated overnight.

Nouiere June 3, 2021

yes exactly , it is like there is a time they get updated at so how can i solve this?

Nouiere June 4, 2021

I upload attachement anytime of the day and it appears but it doesn't open and it tells me that it failed then second day i try again it is working and can be opened or downloaded, so how can i fix this ? 

i have my backup on NFS can this also be a problem ? but it is not causing me a problem on confluence or ever before , only now on jira and service desk

Suggest an answer