Epics in plan are not possible to be moved

Domenic Alexander DiMassa December 12, 2022

I created a plan in JIRA roadmaps and set up initiatives and did a reorganization of many epics and other sub issue types.  Now for some reason epics get highlighted red and I can reassign them to new or other initiatives. I am stuck any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Can you provide a screen image of what you see?

After you initially reorganized the issues, did you commit the changes back to the Jira projects.

Domenic Alexander DiMassa December 13, 2022

changes were committed back to JIRA project yes. Blocker-Red.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

The issue that you are hovering over does not appear to be an Epic, given the icon that is appearing next to it. The standard Epic icon is the purple one on the issue below.

I also see that there is a warning symbol to the left of the one you have selected. If you hover over that warning symbol (the exclamation point in the yellow triangle) does it provide a message?

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center? If you URL is similar to the one below then you are working with Jira Cloud.

https://<something>.atlassian.net

Suggest an answer