Enabled Recovery Mode Successfully but Cannot Revert Back to Non-recovery Mode

Thomas DeVoe September 29, 2022

I'm running Jira on Windows. I enabled recovery mode after restoring a backup from another Jira instance onto a different instance. This worked well and I was able to create a local Jira user with Jira Sys Admin rights.

I stopped the application via "Stop Jira Service (8080)" accessed via the Windows Start menu. This calls \Jira\stop_service.bat. I removed the Datlassian.recovery.password arg from the setenv.bat file (which I had added) and started the app via  "Start Jira Service (8080)" accessed via the Windows Start menu. This calls \Jira\start_service.bat.

Jira starts fine but the Header at the top says that it is still in Recovery Mode. I'm digging through the bat files trying to figure out why this is happening. I'm missing something. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2023

Hi @Thomas DeVoe ,

please check system properties under your JIRA service. The following article https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/setting-properties-and-options-on-startup-938847831.html could help you on that.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events