Enable / Reset the Old view UI switch banner - "See the old view"

Sagar May 4, 2020

I closed the banner which used to allow temp quick switch to old view in a single click. Is there a way to bring / enable that banner back?

"We're updating the issue view to help you get more done. Learn more or See the old view"

I know how to enable / disbale the old /new view from profile; more interested to be able to see the banner again while the tickets are shown with new view!

For details:

I used to get this banner along with new view and clicking on see old view, I used to go back to old view as needed. One fine day, I clicked cross button on the banner. Now, I dont see the banner anymore. I am asking how to re-enable the banner so that i can switch to old view temporarily as and when needed. 

2 answers

0 votes
Naz Timbol
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 26, 2020

Hi!  Where in the Profile section were you able to toggle the New view?  I can't seem to see it there.  Thanks.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

Click on your Avatar

Then select Settings or Personal Settings

Then go halfway down the page to Jira Labs section. 

Naz Timbol
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 26, 2020

Awesome!  Thanks.

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

Hi @Sagar ,

As you already know the answer on how to bring it back. One trick I follow if I happen to click on the old view option is to click on the back button on the browser  and the banner is back again :)

-Bibek

Sagar May 4, 2020

Problem is not how to switch between old view and new view using back button!

I used to get this banner along with new view and clicking on see old view, I used to go back to old view as needed. One fine day, I clicked cross button on the banner. Now, I dont see the banner anymore. I am asking how to re-enable the banner so that i can switch to old view temporarily as and when needed. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2020

@Sagar - You can tack this on to the end of the URL:

?oldIssueView=true

Not the same as the banner but I just copy and paste it from an open doc I keep for those types of things

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer