Editing a copied workflow

Eleni Timini April 12, 2021

Hello. I originally had a workflow shared between 2 projects. Then one of the project had to use a slightly different workflow (just 2 actions renamed). So I took a copy of the original workflow, called it different.

I now have 2 workflow schemes and 2 workflows.

Each of the project shares a single workflow now.

But, when I change something on one of the 2 workflows (doesn't matter which one, either the original or the copied one), the other one also changes.

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Eleni Timini 

That does sound like a bug.

Provided your are just adjusting the workflow only and it’s not shared between the 2 projects(do confirm this again), then this behaviour you described shouldn’t happen.

I will suggest you:

1. Create a new copy of the workflow
  2. Associate it directly to issue types in your project (if you already have separate workflow schemes, this shouldn’t break anything)
  3. Edit the new workflow.

If the behaviour persists after the above record it and raise a bug directly with Atlassian at https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Cheers

Eleni Timini April 12, 2021

ok, I just did these actions.

1. Copied Workflow1 and gave it a name

2. I now have Workflow 1 - Active and Workflow 2 - Inactive

3. Edit Workflow 2 - just change 1 status from Status 1 to Status 2

4. In both Workflow1 and Workflow 2, there is a Status 2

It doesn't matter where I change something (either in Workflow 1 or Workflow 2) but any changes will appear in both Workflow 1 and Workflow 2.

I think I will raise this with Atlassian, unless you think it will be best if I try the same in our old JIRA (not cloud) and see if I get the same behaviour?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Are you adding a new status or renaming a Staus?

If you rename a status, it affects all statuses as statuses are a global entity in Jira.

Clarify this please.

Eleni Timini April 13, 2021

I see. I rename the status. so let me try and add a status then and then add into the workflow.

Eleni Timini April 13, 2021

All good now. Thanks again for your quick help.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events