EazyBI Get Issue Status from SubTasks

Jack D January 13, 2022

Hello new to eazybi wanted to know the possibility of fetching the status of subtasks. for example:

Task Name | Assignee | Issue Link Status 1 | Issue Link Status 2 etc.

to show an overall picture of the project.

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Oskars Laganovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

Hi Jack,

The easiest way of accessing sub-tasks is to use sub-task hierarchy in the Issues dimension.
You can then see the parents and their children with the relevant properties displayed.

You may select the project level from the sub-task hierarchy and expand it down to the sub-task in the report area.
Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 18.15.34.png

That might give you the following view of the report.
Displayed levels - project, task, and underlying sub-task.
I also added a few properties to display.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 18.15.52.png

Let me know if this is what you were looking for or describe what you would like to see in more detail.

Kind regards,
Oskars / eazyBI support

Jack D February 1, 2022

This shows the tasks as rows, i would like to show them as coloums?

for example..

Task NameAssigneeDue DateSub Task 1 StatusSub Task 2 Status
example 1Jack03/02/2010CompletedPending
Example 2John03/02/2022PendingOn Going
Jack D February 1, 2022

I'd like to show the status as highlighted below.

Oskars Laganovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2022

Hi @Jack D ,

If I understand you right - you would like to see each task on a separate row and sub-task statuses on the columns.

Although it is possible to create a separate measure that would retrieve the status for the n-th sub-task, that might not be the preferred way as it would be hard-coded and might miss details of new sub-tasks once their number exceeds the initially planned.

I would suggest displaying the number of sub-tasks in each status with the possibility to drill into them for details.

You might create a calculated measure with the following MDX expression in the Measures dimension.

Sum(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue.Sub-task].CurrentHierarchyMember,
[Issue.Sub-task].[Sub-task]), [Status].[Status].GetmemberbyKey(
[Issue.Sub-task].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Status ID'))
= [Status].CurrentMember), [Measures].[Issues created] )

After adding this measure to the report, you could drill into this measure by the Status dimension.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 15.27.49.png

You might read more about drilling into a measure by another dimension here -
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Drillintomeasurebyanotherdimensionlevel.

After that, you might enable Hide empty columns from the report toolbox to only display statuses that are relevant to the report context.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 15.53.52.png

The final look of the report would be like this.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 16.09.48.png

You might also drill into the figures to see more details on the sub-tasks of a specific task in a particular status.

Would this solution fit your needs?

Kind regards,
Oskars / eazyBI support

0 votes
Jack D January 16, 2022

Hey any solutions? :X

Suggest an answer