Draw.io JIRA Data Center plugin edit permissions?

Cristina Andrei December 6, 2022

Do other users other than the author and JIRA administrators need some kind of permissions in order to edit the diagram?

We noticed that only the author of the diagram and JIRA administrators can edit a diagram. 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Shantz October 12, 2023

I am getting the same error with Jira Data Center 9.4.8 and version 8.5.2 of the plugin. 

Per the linked documentation above (for Jira Cloud -- we are using Jira Data Center), I used the 'Permission helper' and verified that the user does indeed have Create Attachments, Delete Own Attachments and Delete All Attachments permissions. 

Despite this, when the user attempts to select More > Add draw.io Diagram on the issue, they get Access Denied: Insufficient access rights to perform this action on draw.io diagram.

Anything else we can check?  Thank you.

Bastian -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2023

Hi @Jeff Shantz . As this is a technical issue, the quickest way to get to a solution is contacting our engineers directly. So may I ask to email my colleagues via support@draw.io or use our tech support helpdesk at https://drawio.link/technicalsupport ?

Thanks and best wishes,
Bastian

0 votes
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

hi @Cristina Andrei this question has already been answered by draw.io on the community so hopefully this helps you. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-everybody-edit-draw-io-attachement-in-confluence/qaq-p/598512 

Cristina Andrei December 6, 2022

i was asking if a user can edit a diagram draw io in jira software, not in confluence

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events