Done status don´t close the task

Robert Cyprych February 16, 2022

Hello Community,

i have the problem after adding a Status to the Workflow my task don´t close anymore.

i have 24 Done tasks in my sprint and when i try to close the Sprint i got a message 24 task are open 0 Done Move the open tickts to next Sprint (Sprint Selection)  

The tasks are all done but Jira say they are not closed?

Jira puts all the done tickes in the next sprint!

what can i do that jira close a task on status done???

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-16 um 18.07.31.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

Hi Robert - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is your Done status in the very last column? Only issues in the last column are considered completed, regardless of the status. 

Hi John, yes in last column in the workflow and in the borad config to... 

it was the board config, i don't save them correctly now it works - thanks a lot!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

Can you share a screenshot of the board configuration with the columns?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2022

Ah, very good - glad it is solved!

Benj Hingston May 24, 2022

"Only issues in the last column are considered completed, regardless of the status."

I believe this made sense before Jira introduced multiple "done" statuses. Does seem like a missed feature or a regression when multiple done statuses were introduced. Sounds like it is working as intended (our stories with abandoned status stayed there after closing the sprint) but is confusing as we expected "done" statuses not to flow into the next sprint.

Is there an existing feature or bug request I can follow?

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.00.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.01.35 AM.png

Like Darrell DeVeaux likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events