Does every issue type are considered on a burndown chart ?

Romain Paradan May 25, 2018

Hi everyone,

I have a issue with my Burndown chart in my project, indeed the issue types - "Bug" and are not considered as burdowned when the status is Done. 

Same behavior when I looked to "sprint report" dashboard, those issues are in status "In progress" even if they are Done. I am quite lost, and I can't report to my management the velocity of my team. 

I add that for issue types "story" and "technical story" the burndown is working fine. 

Could you please help me to identifie a solution  

Thanks

Romain

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Romain Paradan May 28, 2018

So I double checked the post- functions as noticed by Nic, and it appears that a the update history line was missing in my customized workflow. By addind this line the problem is solved.

Thanks evryone for your help.

Cheers

Romain

Júnior Silva August 14, 2019

Hi everyone,

We have a similar problem.

We have a customized issueType called "Bug" with a customized workflow, screens, etc.

When we start sprint, these issues types didn't appear on the first row of table in the "Burndown chart" report.

I checked the workflow and i saw the post-function there "Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database".

@Romain Paradan where you added this post function?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2018

So, there is something wrong with the workflow, because the status of the issues does not change when you transition.

You'll need to look at the workflow and probably the logs to work out why this is failing

0 votes
Romain Paradan May 28, 2018

I change the status with the status buton- No particular  or customised post-functions or transitions...

Thanks

0 votes

I made some tests by modifying the status of the bugs it seems that it never goes to Done on the history tab. 

When I change it status to In progress I can see on the history 

DONE --> IN PROGRESS

When I change IN PROCESS to DONE nothing change on the history tab.. No other line added

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2018

If there's nothing in the history, that implies the status did not change, or if it did, it went through a broken process to get there.

How are you changing the status here?  Does the transition have any customised post-functions?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2018

On the board for the project, are Bugs you expect to be burning down in the far right hand column?

Thanks for your reply,

yes I think so...I can see Bugs on my board when they are Done in the right hand column. 

Suggest an answer